Rising to a creative catering challenge was how Barraud Caterers invented the ‘Cocktail Brunch’ in the spring of 1998 for a corporate client who wanted Sunday brunch in their apartment. The client had a guest list of 100–125 but only room for 35 derrieres. So, we served brunch food standing up à la cocktail party, as bite-sized amuses along with specifically designed beverages, alcoholic and alco-free. The client was very happy, the guests were delightfully amuse-bouched and caterer thrilled at being able to offer a totally unique event option.
- This sample seasonal menu gives you a taste of what we can create for your unique occasion.
- Malay quail eggs on spinach with chili-lime dressing
Shrimp chowder flan with poached egg and caviar
Chorizo-potato skewered omelette
Parmesan polenta cakes with Marsala peas
- Red beet gazpacho with chèvre sorbet
Gingered squash, celery and cranberry salad with honeyed sesame dressing
Snow pea, rice vermicelli and mint with spicy balsamic-citrus syrup — cashew dressing
Citrus, honey and herb-marinated tuna with mango and avocado
- Oatmeal-crusted chocolate brownies with espresso mousse and caramel sauce
Wine-macerated pears with Amaretti cookie crumbs and Amaretto cream mousse
Strawberry consomme with cream cheese mousse
- Bramble Bush: Lillet, Grand Marnier, Champagne and an orange twist